Swift Demand is a basic income experiment providing each user signed up for the service with 100 Swifts daily. A temporary referral system is in place.
Once the 5 million user milestone is reached. Additional Swifts will only be created as time elapses.
No additional Swifts can be created with deployment of time or other resources once the threshold is reached.
Swift Demand functions according to the following principles:
1) Everyone is Equal. All users are provided the same amount of Swifts at the same pace
2) Simple Transactions. Type in a Swift ID and send your Swifts on their way
3) Low Transaction Fee. Transactions are charged 2 Swift + 3% of the transactions value as a fee.
4) One Account per person
5) Income distributed daily. Everyone receives 100 Swifts per day
The amount of Swifts generated will slowly reduce over time until the cap of 100 billion Swifts is reached. Further increases will be set to a healthy inflation rate in line with the concept of basic income.
Users must check in weekly to claim their daily allocations of Swifts. Because actively requiring users to claim swifts encourages ongoing engagement with the platform.
Check out SwiftDemand* to sign up for and receive Swifts.
Future Developments Include:
- Transition from digital currency to cryptocurrency
- Development of Wallet
- Exchange Listing
- Chargeback capability
- Ability for Vendors to accept Swifts as payment for goods and services
- Cross Region Swifts to account for differences in what qualifies as a basic income throughout different parts of the world
*Author receives distribution of Swiftly if you sign up via this link.
Visit the site to subscribe to the newsletter and stay up to date on his latest research into cryptoasset investing.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Latest posts by Steve Miller (see all)
- The Cryptoasset Flywheel - April 28, 2019
- Blocknet: Struggling to Gain Traction Amidst Competitive Pressures - March 17, 2019
- 10 Point Checklist for Auditing Cryptoasset Investments - March 9, 2019